Be Spooky! Be Bessemer!
Halloween is almost here and that means trick or treating in Bessemer. Recommended hours for Trick or Treating in Bessemer are on Thursday, October 31 from 4:00-7:00pm.
The Gogebic County Sheriff’s Office released the following information for a safe and fun Halloween:
The Gogebic County Sheriff’s Office and Ironwood Public Safety Department recommend the following for parents allowing their children to trick or treat this year.
1. Trick or Treat will be held on Thursday October 31, in all cities and townships within Gogebic County. The recommended hours for Trick or Treating are between 4:00pm-7:00pm. Try to Trick or Treat during daylight hours.
2. Children should wear light colored clothing or have reflective tape on their clothing so they can be easily seen. Also, carry a flashlight, if possible.
3. Young children should be accompanied by a parent or adult.
4. Children should Trick or Treat only in their neighborhood, on well lighted streets.
5. Visit homes with porch lights on, which welcome Trick or Treating.
6. When children Trick or Treat with friends, have them inform you of their route and when they plan to be back home.
7. Parents should insist that treats be brought home for inspection before anything is eaten. Fruit should be washed; unpacked items should be discarded. If any treat looks suspicious, contact the Ironwood Public Safety Department or the Sheriff’s Office.
Remember that children look forward only to the good things about Halloween, therefore, parents should prepare and alert their children to the possible dangers.
Every year on Halloween many children suffer from auto accidents, fire injuries, falls, cuts, bruises and poisoned “treats” and other unnecessary miseries. It’s important that they know of the dangers and they know how to avoid them so they have a safe, enjoyable Halloween.