The April 6, 2020 Bessemer City Council Meeting will be held online due to the CDC recommendation to limit groups over 10 people. Governor Gretchen Whitmer issued Executive Order 2020-15, allowing the temporary authorization of remote participation in public meetings and hearings.
The meeting will held using the Zoom video conferencing platform. The public is invited to join the online meeting to view and for public comment using the links and call-in numbers posted below in the agenda. You can download the Zoom software to your computer or mobile device prior to the meeting at https://zoom.us/download.
View the Agenda below or download a PDF of the agenda for printing.
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COMMON COUNCIL FOR THE CITY OF BESSEMER TO BE HELD VIA ZOOM MOBILE,
ON MONDAY, APRIL 6TH, 2020, AT 6:00 P.M.
Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/942219946
Meeting ID: 942 219 946
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,942219946# US (Chicago)
+16468769923,,942219946# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 942 219 946
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/acWAQ6sAc6
Due to the Coronavirus and the CDC’s recommendation to limit groups over 10 people, the City of Bessemer will have a virtual meeting.
• All residents may call in and/ or email questions, complaints, and comments to Charly.firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Due to the new nature of the meeting, it will not be livestreamed, but we will post a recording of the meeting on our Facebook page if we can get technology to work properly.
• If you have any issues with attending the meeting virtually due to ADA difficulties, please contact Jim Trudgeon at James.Trudgeon@bessemermi.org or 906-667-0333 48 hours before the meeting. Individuals can call 711 for relay support.
• You have the right to participate in a meeting of a public body held electronically includes the right to tape-record, to videotape, to broadcast live on radio, and to telecast live on television the proceedings of the public body at a public meeting. The exercise of this right does not depend on the prior approval of the public body. However, a public body may establish reasonable rules and regulations to minimize the possibility of disrupting the meeting.
• A public body may not require a person as a condition of participating in a meeting of the public body held electronically to register or otherwise provide his or her name or other information or otherwise to fulfill a condition precedent to attendance, other than mechanisms necessary to permit the person to participate in a public comment period of the meeting.
• A person must be permitted to address a meeting of a public body held electronically under rules established and recorded by the public body. A person must not be excluded from a meeting held electronically otherwise open to the public except for a breach of the peace actually committed during the meeting.
• During a meeting of a public body held electronically, members of the public body are urged to take all votes by roll call to avoid any questions about how each member of the public body votes.
• If a public body holding a meeting electronically directly or indirectly maintains an official internet presence, the public body is encouraged to make available to the general public through the public body’s website homepage an agenda and other materials relating to the meeting.
• Members of the general public otherwise participating in a meeting of a public body held electronically may be excluded from participation in a closed session of the public body held electronically during that meeting if the closed session is convened and held in compliance with the requirements of the OMA applicable to a closed session.
CALL TO ORDER
COUNCIL MEMBERS: Zak, Kryshak, Nelson, McDonald, Miskovich
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE – ROLL CALL
PUBLIC COMMENT ON AGENDA ITEMS
1) Bessemer Plywood Application for Industrial Facilities Tax Exemption
2) Small Scale Wireless Facilities
1) Approval of Minutes – Regular Meeting – March 2nd, 2020
2) Planning Commission Minutes – Tuesday March 3rd, 2020
3) Park & Recreation Minutes – Thursday, March 5th, 2020
1) General Fund
2) Major Street Fund
3) Local Street Fund
4) Water Utility Fund
5) Sewer Utility Fund
6) DDA Fund
DOCUMENTS AND CORRESPONDENCE
1) Email from Heidi McKay
1) Lead and Copper Rules
2) Nasal Ranger
3) Small Scale Wireless Facilities
4) Nelson’s Garbage Request
1) Scheduling Budget Workshop
2) Easement to Xcel
3) Signatory Changes
4) Liquor License
5) Finance Policy – Investment
6) Investment – Michigan Class
7) Zoning Updates
8) Bessemer Plywood Industrial Facilities Exemption
9) Coronavirus – Sick Time
10) Coronavirus – Executive Committee
11) Coronavirus – Cemetery
12) Amendment to Ordinance Number 343: An Ordinance establishing a Parks and Rec Commission for the City of Bessemer
1) City Manager Report
2) DPW Report
1) Potential Purchase of Right of Way from Bessemer Small Engine
ADJOURN – City Council Meeting
**NOTE: All matters listed under the heading CONSENT AGENDA are considered to be routine by the City Council and will be enacted by one motion. There will not be separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the CONSENT AGENDA and considered separately under NEW BUSINESS.**