CITY OF BESSEMER
FISCAL YEAR 2020-21 BUDGET MEETING
The Common Council for the City of Bessemer will hold a Special Meeting Thursday April 16, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers, City Hall. The purpose of the meeting is to work on the 2020-21 budget. The meeting will be conducted virtually. How to join the meeting and other information is provided below.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 575 484 409
One tap mobile
+16468769923,,575484409#,,#,442786# US (New York)
+13126266799,,575484409#,,#,442786# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 301 715 8592 US
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US
888 475 4499 US Toll-free
877 853 5257 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 575 484 409
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/acWAQ6sAc6
Due to the Coronavirus and the Stay at Home Orders, the City of Bessemer will have a virtual meeting.
• All residents may call in and/ or email questions, complaints, and comments to Charly.email@example.com.
• If you have any issues with attending the meeting virtually due to ADA difficulties, please contact Jim Trudgeon at James.Trudgeon@bessemermi.org or 906-667-0333 48 hours before the meeting. You may use 711 relay services for assistance as well.
• You have the right to participate in a meeting of a public body held electronically includes the right to tape-record, to videotape, to broadcast live on radio, and to telecast live on television the proceedings of the public body at a public meeting. The exercise of this right does not depend on the prior approval of the public body. However, a public body may establish reasonable rules and regulations to minimize the possibility of disrupting the meeting.
• A public body may not require a person as a condition of participating in a meeting of the public body held electronically to register or otherwise provide his or her name or other information or otherwise to fulfill a condition precedent to attendance, other than mechanisms necessary to permit the person to participate in a public comment period of the meeting.
• A person must be permitted to address a meeting of a public body held electronically under rules established and recorded by the public body. A person must not be excluded from a meeting held electronically otherwise open to the public except for a breach of the peace actually committed during the meeting.
• During a meeting of a public body held electronically, members of the public body are urged to take all votes by roll call to avoid any questions about how each member of the public body votes.
• If a public body holding a meeting electronically directly or indirectly maintains an official internet presence, the public body is encouraged to make available to the general public through the public body’s website homepage an agenda and other materials relating to the meeting.
Members of the general public otherwise participating in a meeting of a public body held electronically may be excluded from participation in a closed session of the public body held electronically during that meeting if the closed session is convened and held in compliance with the requirements of the OMA applicable to a closed session.