The City of Bessemer is looking for a Clerk-Treasurer. This is a full-time position with pension and high-quality health insurance for individuals or the family. Salary starts at $42,000- $47,000 DOE. The City is looking for a self-starter with an accounting or similar degree and experience with managing numerous accounts and bank account reconciliation. We anticipate training the right candidate in the clerk role. This role will require a civil service exam. Please submit your resume and cover letter to Charly at Charly.Loper@BessemerMI.org by August 21st.
Visit this link for the packet with sign in information: https://www.cityofbessemer.org/meetings/july-20th-2020/
While the City of Bessemer is strongly discouraging cash payments at this time to minimize the spread of the virus, we understand you may not have other options. To pay with cash, please enter in the library entrance and call upstairs using the provided phone or your personal cell phone to be let in. Masks are required and we have extras if you forget yours. We will not be assessing late fees for this pay cycle because the notice is so short. We will begin assessing late fees for the residential bills due August.
City Hall is also open for appointments. We strongly encourage a phone call or zoom meeting to address most needed items however, somethings need to be done in person. If this is the case call 906-663-4311 to set up an appointment or email the person you wish to meet with. Once more, masks are required for any in-person meetings. Please enter the library entrance for your meeting and call upstairs to be let in.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to keep our employees safer and minimize the spread of the virus.
The June 15, 2020 Bessemer City Council Meeting will be held virtually via Zoom videoconferencing. See the agenda below for connection information.
Check out the library’s Covid-19 plan here. The plan is likely to change as we learn more about the virus.
As executive orders change, so change our plans.
The June 1, 2020 Bessemer City Council Meeting will be held virtually via Zoom videoconferencing. See the agenda below for connection information.
REGULAR MEETING OF THE COMMON COUNCIL FOR THE CITY OF BESSEMER
TO BE HELD VIA ZOOM MOBILE,
ON MONDAY, JUNE 1ST 2020, AT 6:00 P.M.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or iPhone one-tap:
US: +13017158592,88657443834# or +13126266799,88657443834#
Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 876 9923 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or 877 853 5257 (Toll Free) or 888 475 4499 (Toll Free)
Webinar ID: 886 5744 3834
International numbers available: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcZlwIRI0F
Due to the Coronavirus and the CDC’s recommendation to limit groups over 10 people, the City of Bessemer will have a virtual meeting.
• All residents may call in and/ or email questions, complaints, and comments to Charly.firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The meeting will be posted on our face book page at facebook.com/BessemerMich
• If you have any issues with attending the meeting virtually due to ADA difficulties, please contact Jim Trudgeon at email@example.com or 906-667-0333 48 hours before the meeting. Individuals can call 711 for relay support.
• You have the right to participate in a meeting of a public body held electronically includes the right to tape-record, to videotape, to broadcast live on radio, and to telecast live on television the proceedings of the public body at a public meeting. The exercise of this right does not depend on the prior approval of the public body. However, a public body may establish reasonable rules and regulations to minimize the possibility of disrupting the meeting.
• A public body may not require a person as a condition of participating in a meeting of the public body held electronically to register or otherwise provide his or her name or other information or otherwise to fulfill a condition precedent to attendance, other than mechanisms necessary to permit the person to participate in a public comment period of the meeting.
• A person must be permitted to address a meeting of a public body held electronically under rules established and recorded by the public body. A person must not be excluded from a meeting held electronically otherwise open to the public except for a breach of the peace actually committed during the meeting.
• During a meeting of a public body held electronically, members of the public body are urged to take all votes by roll call to avoid any questions about how each member of the public body votes.
• If a public body holding a meeting electronically directly or indirectly maintains an official internet presence, the public body is encouraged to make available to the general public through the public body’s website homepage an agenda and other materials relating to the meeting.
• Members of the general public otherwise participating in a meeting of a public body held electronically may be excluded from participation in a closed session of the public body held electronically during that meeting if the closed session is convened and held in compliance with the requirements of the OMA applicable to a closed
CALL TO ORDER
COUNCIL MEMBERS: Zak, Kryshak, Nelson, McDonald, Miskovich
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE – ROLL CALL
PUBLIC COMMENT ON AGENDA ITEMS
1) Approval of Minutes – Regular Meeting – May 18th, 2020
1) General Fund
2) Major Street Fund
3) Local Street Fund
4) Water Utility Fund
5) Sewer Utility Fund
6) DDA Fund
1) US-2 Project; stamped concrete between road and sidewalk
1) City Manager Report
2) DPW Report
ADJOURN – City Council Meeting
**NOTE: All matters listed under the heading CONSENT AGENDA are considered to be routine by the City Council and will be enacted by one motion. There will not be separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the CONSENT AGENDA and considered separately under NEW BUSINESS.**
The following meetings for the City of Bessemer have been cancelled:
- Tuesday, June 2nd there will be no Planning Commission meeting as previously scheduled for 6:00 PM
- The Parks and Recreation meeting scheduled for Thursday, June 4th at 2:15 PM.
Attached is the latest Covid-19 Response Plan. This will be continually updated as new guidance arises. Thank you for your patience. We are currently in phase 4a and do not have a date of when we will move to phase 4b.