Covid Plan for City Hall Public and Employees: https://www.cityofbessemer.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Reopen-Plan-for-Public-and-employees-grids-6.1.21.pdf
Covid Plan for DPW Employees and Public: https://www.cityofbessemer.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Reopen-Plan-for-Public-and-employees-grids-DPW-05.10.21.pdf
Remote Work Plan: https://www.cityofbessemer.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Remote-Work-Plan-6.1.21.pdf
The City Council meeting on December 21st, 2020 at 6:00 will be held remotely. To see the agenda and how to login, click here.
Due to the coronavirus the Michigan Western Gateway Trail Authority will have a virtual meeting.
- If you have any issues with attending the meeting virtually due to ADA difficulties, please contact the clerk 48 hours before the meeting. Individuals can call 711 for relay support.
- You have the right to participate in a meeting of a public body held electronically includes the right to tape-record, to videotape, to broadcast live on radio, and to telecast live on television the proceedings of the public body at a public meeting. The exercise of this right does not depend on the prior approval of the public body. However, a public body may establish reasonable rules and regulations to minimize the possibility of disrupting the meeting.
- A public body may not require a person as a condition of participating in a meeting of the public body held electronically to register or otherwise provide his or her name or other information or otherwise to fulfill a condition precedent to attendance, other than mechanisms necessary to permit the person to participate in a public comment period of the meeting.
- A person must be permitted to address a meeting of a public body held electronically under rules established and recorded by the public body. A person must not be excluded from a meeting held electronically otherwise open to the public except for a breach of the peace actually committed during the meeting.
- During a meeting of a public body held electronically, members of the public body are urged to take all votes by roll call to avoid any questions about how each member of the public body votes.
- If a public body holding a meeting electronically directly or indirectly maintains an official internet presence, the public body needs to make available to the general public through the public body’s website homepage an agenda and other materials relating to the meeting within 18 hours of the meeting.
- Members of the general public otherwise participating in a meeting of a public body held electronically may be excluded from participation in a closed session of the public body held electronically during that meeting if the closed session is convened and held in compliance with the requirements of the OMA applicable to a closed session.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 875 6673 3234
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,87566733234#,,,,,,0#,,943714# US (Washington D.C)
+13126266799,,87566733234#,,,,,,0#,,943714# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 875 6673 3234
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbaUCCRei7
The December 7th City Council will be held remotely. Visit: https://www.cityofbessemer.org/meetings/december-7th-2020/ for more information
Due to the new orders from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, the City of Bessemer has updated our coronavirus response plan. There should be very change to the way residents have been interacting with the city. We do have one worker still in the office to take cash payments and frequently check the dropbox. In person appointments will have to switch to over the phone or zoom as two of our three city hall workers are working from home. There may also be a slight delay in us returning your phone calls but we have updated our phones to minimize this issue.
The library plan will be updated and sent out soon. The library is currently open for curbside pickup only. Melissa is able to help with printing and other needs if you give her a call.
We thank you for your patience through these ever changing times and hope that you and your loved ones can stay healthy.
To view the updated plan click here.
Due to the coronavirus, the November 16th, 2020 city council meeting will be held electronically. To access the agenda click here
A Michigan Western Gateway Trail Authority Meeting will be held by Zoom on Wednesday, November 18, 2020
at 4:00 P.M. Central Time.
To join the Zoom Meeting go to https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84505564055?pwd=QWorTzNSa0tLVWcyNXlMQnROSUYrUT09
Meeting ID: 845 0556 4055
Find your local number:
Visit https://www.cityofbessemer.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/11.12.20-agenda-packet.pdf to view the packet.
To view the information about the meeting click: https://www.cityofbessemer.org/meetings/november-2nd-2020/
Notice of Public Hearing
Bessemer Zoning Board of Appeals
Notice is hereby given that a Public Hearing will be held by the Bessemer Zoning Board of Appeals on Monday, November 16th, beginning at 6:00 P.M., 411 S. Sophie St., Bessemer, MI. The meeting will be held remotely.
The purpose of the hearing is to hear comment on a non-use variance to Section 5.2 (A) Height Exemptions. The property owner, Bessemer Plywood Corp at (906) 667-0277, are looking for a non-use variance to comply with the Clean Air Act which requires a 95 foot stack for hot air discharge where the City of Bessemer zoning code limits the height to 75 feet. The property address is 1000 Yale and the property description is below.
The meeting will be held remotely. Interested persons will have the opportunity to be heard at the time and place in this notice. No hearsay or individual surveys will be accepted as testimony; only written or oral presentation will be acknowledged. You can join the meeting by calling 646 876 9923 and entering in the webinar ID 818 4965 7457. Staff will be unmuting people during public comment and you will have to press *6 to unmute yourself. You can also join the meeting over your computer by using this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81849657457 You can find this link on our facebook page facebook.com/bessemermich if that’s easier. You can also send Charly Loper your comments at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop them in the city’s dropbox at 411 S Sophie prior to the meeting. Staff will read these at the council meeting. Finally, you can leave a voicemail for the city council by calling 906-663-4311 and pressing 107. Staff will be playing these back to the city council. Pertinent information is on file and available for public inspection in the Clerks office at City Hall during normal business hours.
The City of Bessemer will, upon request, provide appropriate aids and services leading to effective communication for qualified persons with disabilities to allow equal participation in this meeting. Such aids may include qualified sign language interpreters, documents in Braille, and other ways of making information and communications accessible to people who have speech, hearing, or vision impairments. We can also provide accommodation for those with mobility issues. Please contact Jennifer Adams, Clerk at 906-663-0333 or email@example.com 48 hours business hours prior to the meeting to get this set up.