The City of Bessemer revamped our zoning code in 2021. For your assistance the city developed a Guide to Development which walks you through the zoning code. However, please call the City Manager with any questions and to set up a time to sit down and go over the zoning. The City is currently still looking for a new City Manager. It is strongly recommended to schedule an appointment prior to filling out any zoning permits.
Fees can be mailed in via check to City of Bessemer, 411 S Sophie, Bessemer, MI 49911 or dropped off in the office. We accept checks, cards and cash.
Please check out our Building Inspector's page if you are doing any remodeling or construction.
The following are the potential applications you may need. We strongly recommend you verify the application with the City Manager before filling it out.
- Business and Industrial Non- Conforming Variance
- Certificate of Zoning Compliance
- Land Development Application
- Lot of Record Application
- Non-Use Zoning Variance Application
- Sign Permit Application
- Special Use Application
- Temporary Use Application
- Zoning Map Change Application
- Zoning Ordinance Map Interpretation
- Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment
- Zoning Use Variance Application
You can view our tax abatement and incentives policy here.