The City of Bessemer revamped our zoning code in 2011. For your assistance the city developed a Guide to Development which walks you through the zoning code. However, feel free to call the City Manager with any questions. She can be reached at (906)663-4311 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check out our Building Inspector's page if you are doing any remodeling or construction.
The following are the potential applications you may need. We strongly recommend you verify the application with the City Manager before filling it out.
- Business and Industrial Non- Conforming Variance
- Certificate of Zoning Compliance
- Land Development Application
- Lot of Record Application
- Non-Use Zoning Variance Application
- Sign Permit Application
- Special Use Application
- Zoning Map Change Application
- Zoning Ordinance Map Interpretation
- Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment
- Zoning Use Variance Application